If you love the authentic taste of Asian food, then I am sure you will love that we are sharing one of our favourite recipes with you; The Vietnamese spring roll.
Spring rolls are usually meat filled, however they are easily adapted to the vegetarian diet by taking out the meat product.
What you will need:
- Rice paper sheets
- Pork chop
- Ground peanuts
- Rice noodles
- 5 spice seasoning
Making a Vietnamese spring roll:
- Mince the pork as finely as possible, and leave to one side. Shred the carrots and mix in the bowl with the minced pork.
- Add in the ground peanuts and seasoning.
- Add rice noodles to hot water for 3 minutes.
- Drain the rice noodles and add to the bowl of mixture and mix well.
- Add a shallow amount of oil to a deep frying pan and heat up
- Lay out the rice paper and add a large spoonful of mixture onto the centre and roll. Repeat until all mixture is all used up.
- Add rolled spring rolls to the pan, turn until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from pan and leave to dry for a few minutes.